This is horrible....the poor boy is burned with a hot lighter, called names, and is trapped in his seat on the bus. I don't understand why the bus driver didn't pull that bus over or take it back to school after hearing that child screaming like that. They said that the driver had charges against her but all of them were dropped. I don't think they should have been dropped. She neglected to help that child while he was getting emotionally and physically bullied. I don't know if she just ingnored him because he was labeled "special needs" and maybe she thought he just made loud noises sometimes but she should have pulled that bus over and seperated them at least. This child has post traumatic stress syndrome now and he has been seeing a counselor or therapist because of the damage done. It makes me really angry that anyone would let something like this go on and it makes me even angrier to know that most of the parents of bullies don't think it's that big of a deal, mostly because they are too busy to be bothered with their own children. I think parents with children who are bullies should have to attend parenting classes and the children should attend anger management classes and therapy.
CNN. (2012, July 30). Video shows boy bullied, burned on bus. Retrieved from http://www.cnn.com/video/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed: rss/cnn_topstories (RSS: Top Stories)&utm_content=Google Reader
No comments:
Post a Comment