I think this is a great thing! I agree that teen magazines should stop photoshopping the models to make them look "perfect" because it sends the wrong message not just to the girls but also to the boys. Both of them see at least the covers of those magazines and that seems like it is the norm and that is beautiful. So the girls try to be like that but they can't because our bodies were just not made to be like that and the boys think that is how every girl should look and he may start to put the pressure on his girlfriend because she doesn't look like the girls in the magazines. I think it would help stop a lot of the eating disorders for teenage girls. The two girls that put the petition together are just amazing. It would be nice if this even went for all magazines. If all magazines stopped photoshopping the models so we look at real people and not half a person and half a computer made person. I myself and tired of seeing the false images out there and I am not ugly, overwieght or anything but they even make me feel bad about my looks. I can't even imagine how it makes others feel. The girls have their petition online and are trying to get more magazines to stop photoshopping. If you think this is a good idea watch the clip below to find their link and sign the petition to help them!
CNN. (2012, July). Teens: Stop photoshopping models. Retrieved from http://www.cnn.com/video/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed: rss/cnn_topstories (RSS: Top Stories)&utm_content=Google Reader
Ashley,
ReplyDeleteI agree that photoshopping models needs to be stopped. I get depressed every time I check out at the grocery store because I see the magazines with the models right next to the candy bars. Of course, all I want is a candy bar. But they have celebrities that just had a baby and they air brush abs. Why can't they show people reality, so normal people wouldn't have to feel bad?
Thanks for sharing,
~Kate