Sunday, July 8, 2012

Teachers: Are You Taking Time Off This Summer?

This teacher has a very busy summer but it seems that she likes it that way. Even if you like to stay busy, you eventually need a break. I know I was feeling that this year with everything I had going on. There were only three weeks left of school and I wanted a vacation now, not in three weeks, but right now. I was burnt out and my patience were gone. I like to stay busy like this woman  (maybe not quite as busy) but I know when it's time for a break. You need to re-energize for the new school year and you need to have some fun. Things are crazy throughout the school year with everything that is going on and I think in order to be a great teacher, you need to rest during your time off. I do know that things need to be done during the summer like house work or projects that have been put off during the school year, Just make sure you know your limits and you get enough relaxation so you don't end up being the teacher that loses their mind.

Aguilar, E. (2012, July 6). Teachers: Are you taking time off this summer?. Retrieved from http://www.edutopia.org/blog/summertime-work-rest-vacation-elena-aguilar?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed: EdutopiaNewContent (Edutopia)&utm_content=Google Reader

No comments:

Post a Comment