I am seeing a trend here in the articles I have looked at today.......
Anyways, this article is about getting young girls interested in becoming programmers when they are older. The authors say that something happens when a girl is 13 or 14 and she thinks that programming and engineering is just for guys. This program is eight weeks long and I believe it is eight hours a day. They teach the girls how to program and market. This article talked a lot about how male programmers have "good looking women" around to help make deals like putting pictures with women in bikinis in their slideshow, female waitresses, or even just having the women in hot tubs. The point was that this can be done because there are so few female programmers. Twitter has joined in with the project and is helping fund it. I think this is a good one for Twitter to get involved in because I am sure more women use Twitter than men.
Devaney, T., & Stein, T. (2012, July 24). Girls who code: Crashing the “brogram”. Retrieved from http://www.readwriteweb.com/start/2012/07/girls-who-code-crashing-the-brogram.php?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed: readwriteweb (ReadWriteWeb)&utm_content=Google Reader
No comments:
Post a Comment