This article was talking about how people are saying that the articles on Twitter are not as credible as if they read the same article somewhere else. There was a study done and they are still not sure as to why people feel this way but they are now aware of this. One source posting articles on Twitter is the New York Times and apparently it is hurting them. The only thing I can think of is that people view Twitter as a means of communication with other people and not very serious communication. I don't have a Twitter account so I don't really know much about it but it seems like Twitter is a place to let everyone know what you are doing at the moment. I don't think the majority of people log on to Twitter to read the news. Twitter does not seem like a serious communication tool. Maybe that is why people seem to think that news stories that are published on there are not as credible.
Copeland, D. (2012, July 17). Twitter's credibility problem. Retrieved from http://www.readwriteweb.com/archives/twitters-credibility-problem.php?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed: readwriteweb (ReadWriteWeb)&utm_content=Google Reader
No comments:
Post a Comment