This article was interesting because it is true that a lot of girls for some reason don't care as much about science as boys do. I am starting to see however, that boys aren't as interested in science anymore. Science lessons are becoming a bore or are rushed because of the lack of time. The students don't get to really explore anymore, rather they are told what to do and what the end result is. I know some of it is because of the lack of money and time because there are so many topics that need to be taught before the end of the year. But these kids are not enjoying science. I am glad to hear that Sally set up a summer science camp for girls. Girls do need that extra confidence and push to go into fields that are mostly male dominated. It's sad that Sally died at such a young age from cancer but at least she left a lot behind to help other girls to possibly follow in her footsteps one day.
Urry, M. (2012, July 24). Thank you, sally ride. Retrieved from http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/24/opinion/urry-sally-ride/index.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed: rss/cnn_topstories (RSS: Top Stories)&utm_content=Google Reader
No comments:
Post a Comment