Monday, August 6, 2012

Does Social Media Really Drive Startup Sales?

This article is talking about how GM said that there was no point in advertising on Facebook. Apparently the man who made that decision is not in that position anymore and now GM is going to advertise on Facebook. They were saying that it is difficult to try to figure out how many sales were made from advertising in places like Facebook. So far no one has the answer. I think it is more of a "go with your gut" kind of thing. I don't think anyone goes out and purchases a car because they saw an ad for it on Facebook but making a potential customer see the products as often as possible could make them eventually purchase something from you. I almost think that more people are on the computer now instead of the television so I think putting advertisements on social media would be a good thing for a company.

Lesonsky, R. (2012, August 6). Does social media really drive startup sales?. Retrieved from http://www.readwriteweb.com/start/2012/08/does-social-media-really-drive-startup-sales.php?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed: readwriteweb (ReadWriteWeb)&utm_content=Google Reader

1 comment:

  1. I definitely agree with you that advertising on the internet is important because there are so many internet users today. Social Networking is very popular and a great place to advertise. I do not think people just go out and buy a car because of an advertisement on Facebook either, but if I was looking to buy a car and came across the advertisement I may check out the car I saw and purchase it after seeing the advertisement.

    ReplyDelete